Character & Citizenship Education
Pupils of good character who can contribute to school, community and nation.
To nuture Damaians into 'BrightSparks' through SPARK Value Education .
Vision: Every student a leader
Mission: To lead and serve with SPARK
Key Programmes (Term1)
1) School Orientation
Our prefects lead the school in D'Amazing Trail where they led their peers to go through a series of stations as part of the school's orientation programme. They displayed leadership by leading their peers in the different stations and conducting teambonding activities!
2) Prefect Investiture
The prefects of 2018 were officially introduced to the school during our annual investiture. The Head Prefect, Wong Choong Yin (6C) together with two Vice-Head Prefects. Nurul Aleeya (6B) and Lourelei Kate (6C) lead the prefects in a marching procession and reciting the Prefect's pledge. The newly appointed P3 prefects showed confidence and courage as they took the stage!
SPARK VALUE EDUCATION
- 'Catch Them Doing Right'- A Recognition and Reward structure.
- SPARK Value Storytelling
- SPARK Value Story Reading for Parent Engagement.
VALUES IN EDUCATION
- School-Wide VIA projects (Everyday Responsibilities)
- Clean and Conducive Classroom
- Clean Plate Clean Canteen
- Food Waste Compost Making
- Newspaper Recycling
Level VIA Projects
- P1: VIA@ Home
- P2: VIA@ Home and Class
- P3: VIA@ School-NEA Clean Buddy
- P4: VIA@ Community-NEA Clean SG
- P5: VIA@ School- P1/P5 Buddy Programme
VIA@ Community-Befriending SSD students
- P6: VIA@ School-Garage Sale
VIA@ Community-P6/K2 Befriending
- Commemoration of Core NE events TDD, IFD, RHD and ND, Celebration of Festivals CNY, HR, Deepavali Recess Activities
- NE ambassador Training
- Level Learning Journeys
- P1:School Walk, Neighbourhood Walk
- P2:Bedok Town Centre Walk, SG Philatelic Museum
- P4:Images of SG, Mdm Tussaud's Wax Museum
- P5:Asian Civilization Museum
- P6:SG Botanic Gardens
- Cultural Workshops
- Learning Journeys
- IS Sharing of home culture
- Form Teacher Interaction Time
- Level Conversations
- Case Management Team Discussions
- FAS-Financial Literacy lessons, Toy Buffet participation
EDUCATIONAL CAREER GUIDANCE
- Secondary School Talks
- Career Talks
- ECG and E-career Portal lessons
Scheduled lessons for P5 and P6
FORM TEACHER GUIDANCE PERIOD
lessons to build Social Emotional Learning competencies.
CHARACTER AND CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
lessons to cultivate knowledge, Skills and Values.